[iRail] train statistics

Christophe Versieux christophe.versieux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 19:22:42 UTC 2011

By the way, the NMBS has just given his official feedback for the delay.
The new is only in french, sorry:
http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/belgique/2011-01-25/ponctualite-des-trains-le-pire-resultat-depuis-1998-817452.php

    * Generally 80-90% train on time depending on the time of year (rush
      hour, holidays, etc..)
    * Who is guilty in delay (46% NMBS - 34% third partie - 18% Infrabel)
    * 25.192 trains canceled = 1,9% total trains
    * 30% of delay caused by hardware issues, 15% third partie issues? -
      11% signaletic issue.

But the interesting fact is that 2 people of NMBS and ACTP (Association
des Clients des Transports Publics)  are doing a public chat session
tomorrow noon.
http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/belgique/2011-01-25/chat-la-ponctualite-des-trains-un-probleme-chronique-817480.php

That might be interesting to have a public conversation with them in
front of newspaper!

What do you think?

Christophe