[iRail] SMS fight

Tim Besard tim.besard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:27:10 UTC 2011

> As far as I know, SMS API's exist that let you send SMS from web
> applications. Why reinvent the wheel ;-)
True, I was just thinking about a quick hack, hadn't sized that thought to a full blown project yet :-)

> As for improving the quality. It think it would be cool to have a
> (configurable) set of notification options:
> * SMS
> * mail
> * twitter replies
> * Google Talk
> * Android Cloud-to-device messaging
> * others...
To do this, my delay announcer might be a good base to start from. It currently provides liveboard events, published by various notifiers (with the Twitter publisher being the most prominent one).

Tim