[iRail] Translation platform

Tim Besard tim.besard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:14:31 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I've set-up a Transifex project for iRail-related translation efforts
[0] and uploaded a few of my applications as well as the iRail mobile
site to it. For those new to Transifex: it's an open-source
translation platform with an easy-to-use web interface to
submit/review/manage translations. I think it would be valuable to
have some extra eyes on some of the translations (my high-school
French is pretty rusty), and using Transifex makes that way easier.

Any of the application developers find this useful? If so, create
yourself a Transifex account and reply to this mail, I'll make you a
maintainer of the iRail Transifex project after which you can upload
your application resources and any existing translations (have a look
at the relevant part of the documentation [1]).
In order to sync the Transifex strings with those in your local
project (which you could do manually by going to the resource page and
downloading all the language files), you can use the Transifex client
which makes it easy to push sources and pull translations from the
Transifex servers. If you want to do this, have a look at the web
client [2] where I've configured the Transifex client (.tx folder) and
detailed the syncing process (README.md).

However, we also need translators! Transifex manages these in
"language teams", and grants people in them the right to modify and
review translations in that language. If you are sufficiently fluent
in a certain language and want to help out, create an account and join
a language team [3]. If you want to be a team coordinator (responsible
for accepting join requests, translation review requests, ... nothing
time consuming), drop me a note.

Tim

0: https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/irail
1: http://help.transifex.net/intro/projects.html#resources