[kforge-dev] changes to domain object attributes: does this result in an update event

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftwarefoundation.org
Mon Dec 19 19:54:39 UTC 2005

Rufus -

Currently, that code would not result in a persistent change, because
the save() method hasn't been called.

Calling save() on a DomainObject maps all attributes to the database
record, and then calls the raiseUpdate() method.

I fairly sure the system performance would be compromised if a call to
the database is made each time an attribute is changed.

Best regards,

John.