[kforge-dev] Changeset [68]: Added support for avoiding collisions of model names with RDBMS reserved ...

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Dec 2 19:26:04 UTC 2006

37: Timeline wrote:
> Added support for avoiding collisions of model names with RDBMS
> reserved words. Renamed Session's 'sessionKey' attribute (back) to
> 'key'. Mucked around with [DateTime?][1] attributes.
>
> [1]: http://project.knowledgeforge.net/domainmodel/trac/wiki/DateTime

While experimenting on deployment of the new KForge codebase on an
existing site I have discovered a bug which I believe relates to the
above commit (or a related subsequent one).

The bug is that domain objects with a name of the form:

XxxxYyyyy

are mapped to a database table named:

xxxxyyyy

rather than:

xxxx_yyyy

As a result upgrades of existing installations break because protection
objects created before the upgrade cannot be found. The bug is not easy
to see during testing because one will usually have rebuilt  the
database and once that has happened the bug is invisible.

I have checked that using a version of domainmodel at revision 67 this
does *not* occur but that it does occur in the current trunk version
(r77 is the one I am using). Since the only commits to dm that would
have given rise to this since r67 are r68 and r69 I wonder if you'd mind
taking a look (I looked but while I could see that you'd add some
methods that affected table/attribute naming I wasn't able to see
immediately what was causing this).

Regards,

Rufus