[kforge-dev] improved system dictionary

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun May 21 18:44:59 UTC 2006

I have just rewritten core/system.py to have a simpler and leaner system
dictionary. This necessitates removing all qualitification of keyname
for substitutions in kforge.conf, e.g.

%(www.domain_name)s -> %(domain_name)s

Looking around I also found this:

   http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html

Which seems to provide a config dictionary like object which would suit
our needs though we might need to make a few modifications (it would not
support our '.' syntax, i.e. where we write:

{{{
sysdict['www.domain_name']
}}}

with configobj we would have

{{{
sysdict['www']['domain_name']
}}}

However it wouldn't be hard to inherit from configobj to get what we
want (or alternatively to change all calls to sysdict ...).

Regards,

Rufus