[kforge-dev] Support for other RCS

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jan 12 23:01:11 UTC 2007

Neal Becker wrote:
> I'm interested in kforge, but I'm not interested in svn.  I would like to use
> hg.  This seems more natural anyway, since hg is python.
>
> Is kforge generic enough to support different rcs?  Is there any work in this
> direction?

Yes it is! KForge was specifically designed to make it very easy to do
exactly this. In KForge these bits of functionality are provided as
plugins and you'd just need to write a plugin for hg. Take a look at the
  subversion plugin [1] to see what you need to do. By the way the only
three methods you need to provide there are:

   onServiceCreate
   onServicePurge
   getApacheConfig

If this isn't clear please say -- I think this is probably something
that needs documenting a bit better. There is some stuff in docs
including a plugin_system.txt -- though having taken a look at that I
think it needs updating (that's the problem with docs -- they get out of
sync with the system :( ).

Regards,

Rufus

<http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/svn/trunk/src/kforge/plugin/svn.py>