[kforge-dev] Re: [kforge-user] Newbie here - howto config using sqlite?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftwarefoundation.org
Tue Jan 16 11:39:36 UTC 2007

Hey Neal,

My take on this is that sqlite is not supported by kforge-0.12. Although
other databases that follow the DRN mentioned
(dbtype://dbusername:dbpassword@dbhost/dbname) will probably work, AFAIK
KForge has not been tested on anything other than postgres.

So the release note "Support for databases other than postgresql
including mysql" is both too general and too optimistic.

Instead, I think the KForge developers need to create and maintain a
list of supported databases, take each commonly used database system in
turn and check KForge can work with it. Then, add that name to the list,
and mention additions in the release notes.

If you would like to pair up with me, to make KForge work with sqlite, I
would be very happy.

But if you don't want to be annoyed with such development work, and just
want to use KForge, I do understand. Naturally, not all users want to
become developers. In this case, I hope the KForge developers can create
a verified list of supported databases before kforge-0.13 is released.

Best wishes,

John.