[kforge-dev] Changeset [1223]: Update docstrings for all the plugins to ensure they have proper …

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 7 11:19:53 UTC 2007

John Bywater wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Shall we try firstly to make svn+trac+dav+www work out of the box? (Or
> would you prefer to have nothing working out of the box?)

My preference is to move to have nothing working out of the box. Each
and every plugin (trac and svn especially) have dependencies that need
to be installed to work so I would suggest people install them in the
normal manner rather than have us trying to second guess what works.
Perhaps as compromise we could copy the install in formation currently
in the docstrings into the config file so it is ultra obvious what needs
to be done.

> Or do you think we can reach to having any or all of moin, wordpress,
> and mailman too? I think if we standardised on Debian, then we could
> easily do that. Then we could have a patch file of some sort (poss
> manual instructions) for each machine variant from the standard,
> collected from users' experience.

I think this is something that should be left outside of pure kforge and
should be part of e.g. a debian package (which can then ensure than
trac, moinmoin, subversion are installed and make the necessary mods to
the config file).

> I know all the plugins are pretty much in good order, but I think we
> need to clean things up somewhat for our users. Otherwise we might start
> generating loads of email queries. Not exactly sure what is needed, but
> I reckon we should really try again to do things test-first. Shall we
> schedule some CB2 time? I think it would be good to at least review the
> web tests f2f.

Let me give you a call about this.

~rufus