[kforge-dev] CKAN requirements specification

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 21 18:44:34 UTC 2008

John Bywater wrote:
> Just to say that I'm "moving" the product specification for CKAN here:
> http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/products/30/

That looks great John. Am I right in assuming this is mainly for your
use at the ASF -- I'd prefer to keep using the CKAN trac for tickets and
planning etc if that is ok.

> This product has been included within the 'Open Knowledge' collection:
> http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/collections/4/

Ditto.

> In terms of process and events, I've just made a general 'Open
> Knowledge Development' process:
> http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/processes/33/
>
> Which has just one event at this time (time to register open knowledge package):
> http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/events/85/
>
> This event has just one story (register open knowledge package):
> http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/stories/84/
>
> Which has just one functional requirement (pagination):
> http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/requirements/40/
>
> The original requirements specification is here:
> http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/wiki/RequirementsSpecification

Looks fine but is it possible to keep the requirements on trac (I know
desire is much niftier and has its own domain model but do we need that
for CKAN as it is ...)

> The use cases (with broken link to londonwireless.info) are still here:
> http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/wiki/UseCases

Just to say this list has long been deprecated and replaced by the trac
tickets so we should definitely not work off this.

~rufus