[kforge-dev] proposal: remove Routes from KForge

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Sep 22 21:22:16 UTC 2008

Hi Rufus,

Have finally got working the daily automated testing of KForge 0.15
across all recent stable versions of Routes.

The buildbot waterfall is here:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/buildbot/waterfall

I've written tests for deployment of KForge with these versions:
Routes 1.7
Routes 1.7.1
Routes 1.7.2
Routes 1.7.3
Routes 1.8
Routes 1.9
Routes 1.9.1
Routes 1.9.2

The test code is here:
http://project.kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/trac/browser/trunk/src/foundation/systems/kforgetest.py
http://project.kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/trac/browser/trunk/src/foundation/systems/base.py

Do you think it would be of any value to test with Routes 1.6 versions?
All the available versions of Routes are here:
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/R/Routes/

TEST RESULTS

Routes 1.7 passes OK

Routes 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 fail because the ez_setup module isn't found (or
installed). Is this an old/legacy setuptools thing?

Routes 1.7.3 passes OK

(So I guess we should start KForge from Routes 1.7.3?)

Routes 1.8 passes OK

There's trouble starting with 1.9, which continues with 1.9.1 and 1.9.2.

The 1.9 series errors are all of the form:

RouteException: url_for could not generate URL. Called with args: ('project',) {'action': 'search'}

Guess it's just a change in the way things are declared?

The stdout for this test run is here (summary at bottom):
http://appropriatesoftware.net/buildbot/builders/Systems/builds/115/steps/shell_6/logs/stdio

Next I'll see what crops up with the various SQLObjects and the various
Djangos.

Best wishes,

John.

PS There isn't at this time any Routes 1.9.3 release, as I mistakenly
wrote below.

--
Appropriate Software Foundation
http://appropriatesoftware.net