[kforge-user] Re: Can KForge be installed in Plesk preinstalled server?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Jul 19 17:03:04 UTC 2007

Dear Nguyen,

Thanks for your message. KForge is very flexible, and can be deployed in
lots of different ways.

At the moment, KForge doesn't conform to the Plesk Application Packaging
Standard (APS), so it wouldn't be possible at the moment to run KForge from
Plesk. Of course, if you would like to help, it would be very nice to work
this up.

But I'm sure running it next to Plesk would be possible. You will need a
command line shell though. Do you have such access, or is Plesk your only
administrative access?

You may be interested to know that we are also developing a GPL system to
support the work of providing application services, as Plesk does. We're
calling it Provide. So it would be nice to develop KForge to conform to the
Plest Application Packaging Standard, as I'm sure that would help clarify
what Provide would usefully do.

If you would like help to install KForge next to your Plesk, please simply
continue to post your questions to kforge-user.

With my best wishes,

John.