[knowledgeforge-user] maintenance work

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Feb 3 14:54:33 UTC 2010

Hi Mark,

Mark Longair wrote:
[snip]
> Well, the point was that the "git svn clone" operation that
> forms part of those instructions was previously impossible due
> to the memory leak...
>
> Now that I've got over that hurdle it would be fairly trivial
> technically to migrate it to git, but there are so many projects
> that use ukparse that any migration would have to be coordinated
> very carefully.  As far as I know this hasn't been even been
> discussed, and it may not be seen as desirable.

In that case I'm sure it wouldn't! I'm glad you worked out the
compression thing. It would be possible to run svnserve. We could run
svnserve -r on some directory, and make KForge write symlinks to the
KForge subversion repositories and configure the repositories'
svnserve.conf file (or suggest users do that via their project's DAV
service). We could do all that in a little KForge plugin, it wouldn't
take so long. I'll make a ticket...
http://knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/101

> (I'm currently helping with migrating mySociety's projects from
> CVS to git.)

Are mySociety using KForge? :-)

Best wishes,
John