[MyData & Open Data] This man thinks big data and privacy can co-exist, and here's his plan

William Heath wmheath at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 22:39:28 UTC 2013

Thanks Sam; thanks for the ref Andy. Stef: re your concerns: in broad
design terms when an individual uses Mydex to create a personal data store
they create their own key, and they alone hold it. So initially the
individual encrypts the data with a passphrase only they know.
Since Mydex itself does not hold they key this protects against the insider
threat or superinjunction. It does mean the user is stuck if they lose
their key and has to start again. The architecture will support an
escalation of access control (eg adding a voice biometric).

In terms of jurisdiction Mydex is a Community Interest Company registered
in Scotland. Data is currently hosted in the UK.

William