[MyData & Open Data] list membership

Song, Stephen stephen.song at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 20:32:26 UTC 2013

Hi Stef,

My question was triggered becuase the 'default' on other OKFN lists appears
to be that the list membership is available to list members.

In terms of right to privacy on a list, I defend your right to post
anonymously.  However, it is my experience that within a community of
practice, which is perhaps what a good list aspires to, trust helps to
build consensus and to facilitate knowledge sharing.

Speaking from my personal experience, I find it harder to launch a message
into the void without knowing who the recipients are.  Also what I am
prepared to say to an anonymous audience is different to from what I am
prepared to say to people I know.  More trust leads to more sharing.

With that I wish you and every other person on the list, whoever they may
be, the very best wishes of the season and look forward to re-engaging
anonymously or otherwise in the new year.

Cheers... Steve

P.S.

--
Steve Song