[MyData & Open Data] distinctions between personal and open

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 00:23:16 UTC 2013

What about my data that *I* collected but *they* helped collect?

For example, the fitbit on my hip is owned by me, powered by me, and logs undeniably only information about me. But, the only way I can see that data is through a fitbit owned app  provided to me, the said app uploading that data to fitbit's web site, and that data available to me to download only if I sign up for a premium account. What category would that data be?

--
Puneet Kishor
Policy Coordinator for Science and Data