[MyData & Open Data] This man thinks big data and privacy can co-exist, and here’s his plan

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 16:36:50 UTC 2013

On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Mark Lizar <mark.lizar at gmail.com> wrote:

> People should be Master Controllers of their own data and the data linked.  We need public not private infrastructure for information control, and this is where Open Data changes everything.  We need to open privacy and terms of use policies so they are standard.

Well said, but there are People, and then there are 100s of millions of people. What would this public infrastructure for information control look like where the general, non-tech-savvy population can be such Master Controllers?

Take it away Mark... paint for us your desired future in more concrete terms.

--
Puneet Kishor
Policy Coordinator for Science and Data