[MyData & Open Data] [euopendata] Examples of dates of birth being published as part of the public record?

Boyan Yurukov yurukov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 13:59:46 UTC 2013

Bulgarian parliament published dates and places of birth on their website.
The data is downloadable in open format as well.

There's also a committee for establishing whether or not public figures
have worked in any way with or for the former communist secret police.
These include candidates for office, directors of state owned companies,
media owners and journalists, etc. They scan records and publish reports on
demand. These reports also include the dates and places of birth of the
former agents and informants. The reports are in PDF format, but I've
opened most of them.

Unlike in Germany, for example, place and date of birth is not considered
private data in Bulgaria or at least if it is treated that way by law - no
one observes it. You can find that information on pretty much anyone easily.

Boyan

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM, John Forrester <forrester at ancitel.it> wrote:

> Here in Italy at some universities there is a fair amount of discussion
> concerning the publication of the evaluations by students of professors. On
> one side the argument is against it siting issues of privacy and related
> concerns others, however, feel the institution is public therefore the
> evaluations should be published out of public interest.
>

>    John Forrester
> Ancitel SpA - Napoli
> Via Vicinale S. Maria del Pianto 2 Torre 3 Piano 8
> 80143 Napoli NA Italia
> tel: 0810144969
> email: forrester at ancitel.it  j.forrester at computer.org
> mobile: +39 3471912619
>

> Il giorno 02/set/2013, alle ore 13:52, Jonathan Gray <
> jonathan.gray at okfn.org> ha scritto:
>
> I was wondering whether anyone might know of any examples of where
> personal information about living persons - such as dates of birth - have
> been published as part of the public record by public sector bodies?
>
> For example in relation to interest, lobby or political registries?
>
> While generally personal information needs to be carefully protected, we'd
> be interested to hear of examples of where there might be broader public
> interest arguments or exceptions for publishing this kind of data.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray