[MyData & Open Data] [euopendata] Examples of dates of birth being published as part of the public record?

Javier Ruiz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Tue Sep 3 09:04:42 UTC 2013

The Argentinian electoral register online presents a photograph of the voter pulled from the ID card database. It is a new system and not all voters have upgraded their ID cards yet. The website has a captcha and you need some information to search, but people seem to be able to find pictures of celebrities and friends without problems.

The aim of the system is to fight electoral fraud. Besides, voting is compulsory in Argentina, so the registers are used to process fines.

The actual site is not working right now but this article has a screen cap of the president's registration page:

http://noticias.terra.com.ar/politica/el-nuevo-padron-electoral-te-escracha-con-tu-foto-del-dni,ab730ef9daeae310VgnVCM10000098cceb0aRCRD.html

http://www.padrondigital.com/consulta-padrones-electorales/

Also from Argentina, while not strictly a public register, the NGO ACIJ has a project for transparency in the selection of magistrates. They publish the content of examinations, including videos in Youtube, and edited CVs.

http://concursostransparentes.wordpress.com/

--
Javier Ruiz
javier at openrightsgroup.org (mailto:javier at openrightsgroup.org)