[MyData & Open Data] OK festival privacy sessions and fringe events

Sally Deffor sally.deffor at okfn.org
Mon Jul 7 08:39:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,

OK Festival is just around the corner and I just wanted to send out some
reminders. For those already signed up to attend, that is great, but if you
are still contemplating I will encourage you to get that ticket as the
programme line-up really sounds fantastic.

Some particular sessions that might be of interest are:
1. Hands-on anonymisation
<http://okfestival2014.sched.org/event/689300221a6193b50887175ee6bae2b0?iframe=no&w=i:0;&sidebar=yes&bg=no#.U7bW-JRdUrc>
by Ulrich Atz of the ODI
2. Open Surveillance
<http://okfestival2014.sched.org/event/a9f96fe02480d31114e816738af6b97c?iframe=no&w=i:0;&sidebar=yes&bg=no#.U7bXAJRdUrc>by
Renata, Javier and Fabrizio
3. and of course the privacy session by the WG which a couple of us are
facilitating. If you do intend to participate in this one, please do sign
up on the session etherpad
<http://pad.okfn.org/p/Taking_privacy_considerations_forward> so we know
who would be there? We are also talking about the possibility of a
pre-dinner drinks on the Wednesday if people are interested. Do sign up for
that as well.

And then there is the interesting line-up of activities at the Open Data
Control fringe event (Mark and Reuben co-facilitating) on the 12/13 and a
networking event co-organised by Open Knowledge Finland on the 15th
(details here <http://pad.okfn.org/p/invitation_finnish_institute>)

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Berlin!

--

*Sally DefforOpen Data & Privacy Project Coordinator | skype:deffor.selase
| @SDeffor | +44 (0)7774 734206 <%2B44%20%280%297774%20734206> The **Open
Knowledge Foundation* <http://okfn.org/>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge**http://www.okfn.org*
<http://www.okfn.org/>* | **@okfn* <https://twitter.com/OKFN>* | **OKF on
Facebook* <http://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>* | **Blog*
<http://blog.okfn.org/>* | **Newsletter <http://okfn.org/?s=Newsletter>*

*Have you bought your tickets <http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/> to
OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin in July (15-17)!*
*See you at OKFestival <http://2014.okfestival.org/> 15-17 July 2014*