[MyData & Open Data] Privacy at OKFest14

Sally Deffor sally.deffor at okfn.org
Sun Mar 2 20:44:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,
As alluded to in a previous post, we are hoping to have a fair
representation of privacy issues/solutions at OKFest14. Well, Reuben, Mark
and I got 'talking' over the weekend about possible ideas for a 'privacy
hack day'. All ideas (including for sessions) are being discussed on a
project hackpad<https://privacyatokfest14.hackpad.com/Privacy-at-OKFest14-pGhPWAiQPIQ>
.

As you can see, a tentative title of 'open privacy and open data rights
hackathon' has been proposed. We are hoping to reinforce the need to focus
also on 'personal/individual rights', especially as indications show that
privacy designs can go horribly wrong- (See this
article<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/28/care-data-is-in-chaos>shared
by Javier). Session ideas could possibly reflect this.

Also, there are proposals for a joint session with 'opendev' to address
issues surrounding privacy concerns in open government (ideas around
Privacy International's chapter in the opengovguide).

Do include your ideas, either on the
hackpad<https://privacyatokfest14.hackpad.com/Privacy-at-OKFest14-pGhPWAiQPIQ>or
on this forum as the deadline to get proposals in is only two weeks
away.

Cheers!

Sally
--

*Sally DefforOpen Data & Privacy Project Coordinator | skype:deffor.selase
Foundation*<http://okfn.org/>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge**http://www.okfn.org*<http://www.okfn.org/>*
Facebook*<http://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>*
| **Blog* <http://blog.okfn.org/>* |