[MyData & Open Data] Privacy at OKFest14

Mattias mattias at okfn.se
Mon Mar 3 15:52:50 UTC 2014

On 02/03/14 21:44, Sally Deffor wrote:
> Hi all,
> As alluded to in a previous post, we are hoping to have a fair
> representation of privacy issues/solutions at OKFest14. Well, Reuben,
> Mark and I got 'talking' over the weekend about possible ideas for a
> 'privacy hack day'. All ideas (including for sessions) are being
> discussed on a project hackpad
> <https://privacyatokfest14.hackpad.com/Privacy-at-OKFest14-pGhPWAiQPIQ>.
I am very interested in somehow being involved in this and contributing
to the idea. However, to start off, I feel that it is a little
contradictive the ideas are being discussed on a closed pad solution
called "hackpad" when we are about openness. OKFN already has an open
Etherpad solution for us to use at http://pad.okfn.org. If we're about
openness let's do it at an open platform and walk our talk? :)

> As you can see, a tentative title of 'open privacy and open data
> rights hackathon' has been proposed.
>
> [quote snipped]
>
> Do include your ideas, either on the hackpad
> <https://privacyatokfest14.hackpad.com/Privacy-at-OKFest14-pGhPWAiQPIQ> or
> on this forum as the deadline to get proposals in is only two weeks away.
I think this sounds great and I am willing to contribute as much as I am
capable to. I am very interested in attending the OKFest14 and raising
these topics. I'm assuming that we're not putting personal data up on
that pad thus we could have the whole community contribute without
having to register at a service.

All the best,
Mattias
Community Manager