[MyData & Open Data] Workshop on June 10 & 11

Sally Deffor sally.deffor at okfn.org
Mon Mar 31 12:09:08 UTC 2014

Hi Stef,
London is not merely a convenient location, but you will agree the UK has
got quite a few interesting cases of personal data use/publishing not only
in government but also in corporate (Mydex,midata, to an extent care.data)
as well as a community doing interesting stuff in this space, eg.
OpenNotice, Responsible Data Forum, HorizonDER etc. These serve as good
case studies for this initial meeting, however there is sufficient space to
explore cases from other contexts. That said, we anticipate that even the
international participants would have an appreciation of these cases as the
influences from the cross-cutting issues are certainly not unique to the
UK. So no, we expect the meeting to be neither biased nor domestic.

As far as costs are concerned, we are aiming to ensure that international
participants who don't have access to own funding incur minimal costs to
the extent possible.

Sally

--

*Sally DefforOpen Data & Privacy Project Coordinator | skype:deffor.selase
Foundation*<http://okfn.org/>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge**http://www.okfn.org*<http://www.okfn.org/>*
Facebook*<http://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>*
| **Blog* <http://blog.okfn.org/>* |