[MyData & Open Data] Workshop on June 10 & 11

Walter van Holst walter.van.holst at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 31 13:06:50 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-31 14:09, Sally Deffor wrote:
> cross-cutting issues are certainly not unique to the UK. So no, we
> expect the meeting to be neither biased nor domestic.

The point Stef is making is that the UK has slid far enough down the
slope towards a police state by now that it is becoming onerous to
travel to it. Especially the way border control treats non-UK citizens,
even moreso Eastern Europeans, does not necessarily make for happy
travels. For me personally it is not as bad as the US, to which I'm
unlikely to ever travel to, but it is becoming a factor indeed.

Regards,

  Walter