[MyData & Open Data] Personal data & privacy logo

Sally Deffor sally.deffor at okfn.org
Thu Oct 23 13:07:12 UTC 2014

Hi stef/Antti,

To clarify, the group has always been known as 'personal data & privacy',
hence all our communication platforms including the Twitter account and
web/wiki pages were known as such. However, for some reason the mailing was
designated as 'mydata and open data' making it confusing even for us within
Open Knowledge. As Antti explained, mydata is considered a subset of
personal data and some people within the group are rightly interested in
exploring the possibilities of how individuals can manage their own data.
As such we would need to find a way to have that aspect also represented in
how we communicate about what the group is about.

I don't have an easy answer to how to resolve that confusion around the
names and how to harmonize them into one, but as there seems to be no
strong objections to either, I will leave it as it is for now. I have been
informed off-channel that in the near future, some members of the group are
interested in revisiting the constitution of the group (it's name, brand,
objectives vis a vis the role of Open Knowledge etc.). I of course have no
objections to that and look forward to seeing how these discussions evolve.

Cheers,
Sally

--

*Sally DefforOpen Data & Privacy Project Coordinator | skype:deffor.selase
<http://okfn.org/>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge**http://www.okfn.org*
<http://www.okfn.org/>* | **@okfn* <https://twitter.com/OKFN>* | **OKF on
Facebook* <http://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>* | **Blog*