[MyData & Open Data] Personal data & privacy logo

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Fri Oct 24 11:36:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 03:53:44PM +0300, Antti Jogi Poikola wrote:
> I completely agree that currently there are way too much data collected
> from/about us, but to be honest I can not realistically imagine the future
> where no personal data what so ever would be collected at all.

so based on personal beliefs you are ok with eroding the righs of your
fellows?

> There for the approach that the personal data which someone collects should
> be accessible and usable for the data subject is important. This would
> create transparency to the personal data processing landscape and also teach
> people "data and privacy literacy".

btw, i think there is a name for this mydata diversion, it's called data
portability for a quite long time. the current GDPR contains this in article
15: http://www.janalbrecht.eu/fileadmin/material/Dokumente/DPR-Regulation-inofficial-consolidated-LIBE.pdf
so if at all we should stick with this terminology inside the privacy
framework.

> It is good to take seriously the danger that you mention. Still I think it
> is reasonable to develop right ways to manage and organize personal data
> instead of only stating that all personal data collection is bad and should
> not happen.

i did not say that. personal data processing and collection is ok within the
privacy framework, with the explicit opt-in consent of the data subject.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt