[MyData & Open Data] Mailing list - next direction?

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Wed May 27 13:16:17 UTC 2015

Hi Sam,

I'm not associated with them but the Stiftung Neue Verantwortung here in
Berlin have just got a grant to work on "Open Data and Privacy". They're
currently hiring for the position right now, as far as I know they've
not worked on open data related things so much before.

Job description here in German
<http://www.stiftung-nv.de/news/projektleiterin-gesucht>  - I'm happy to
connect people to those that I know there, if you want to know more!

Best,

Zara

On 26/05/2015 19:11, Javier Ruiz wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I'm in Ottawa doing a workshop on privacy at the Open Data Conference.
>
> If folk are around we'll meet on Friday after lunch.
>
> Best, Javier
>
> On 26 May 2015 18:26, Sam Smith wrote:
>

>> Hey all,
>>
>> What's interesting that you're currently keeping an eye on?
>>
>> There are some other funded projects elsewhere looking at providing
>> "privacy advice" to open data projects; although how those will play
>> out is something we'll see over time. Hopefully some of them will
>> come here for comments on their work (even if their worldview is “we
>> were funded to do this thing, in this way”). The OKFN privacy project
>> ended a while ago, hopefully they learnt something substantive.
>>
>> So, what's next here?
>>
>> There are various projects around which are doing interesting things,
>> which this group may be interested in engaging with. What are your
>> emerging interests? What are you interested in some discussion of,
>> that isn't happening elsewhere? Is this still a useful group?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

>> regards,
>> Sam
>>
>> --