[od-discuss] introduction

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Aug 17 16:46:09 UTC 2010

+1 on "ask for as much as we think we can get" ;-)

I guess PD is gold standard, but don't think we should alienate
attribution license users. E.g. NZ has recently announced plans to
open up a bunch of stuff under Attribution license:

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/08/06/new-zealand-government-open-access-and-licensing-framework/

I would suggest we develop a *really* simple set of principles which
lots of bodies can support/sign on to, and mirror it in a bunch of
places. What do you think? Could also direct folks to other work where
bar is higher, but good to have consensus on *basic* minimum for open
gov data...