[od-discuss] [OTT-GOSLING] They gave us Lady Gaga; we gave them the Open Government Data Camp

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Nov 10 15:37:30 UTC 2010

Dear Richard,

Have you seen our definition of open data which we've been busy
building consensus around for several years?

  http://www.opendefinition.org/

E.g. see: http://pantonprinciples.org/

I spoke to you about it briefly in Barcelona a few years ago. It would
be good to try to avoid splitting work on this if at all possible.

Would you (for example) be interested in advising the existing
definition on any possible improvements?

Indeed, you may also be interested in these licenses for data:

  http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/
  http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/

All the best,

Jonathan