[od-discuss] More formal procedure for assessing OpenDefinition.org compliance?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Jun 27 09:43:14 UTC 2011

I wonder whether we should have a more formal procedure for assessing
whether licenses/legal tools are compliant with OpenDefinition.org?

E.g. a monthly bi-monthly review, in which we assess new things and update:

http://www.opendefinition.org/licenses/

If we do this we'd probably want to draw a big line between 'generic'
and 'bespoke' options - and to encourage (open) license
non-proliferation by gradually encouraging people to switch to
functionally equivalent generic licenses wherever possible?

J.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator