[od-discuss] UK OGL Compliant?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 19 11:47:29 UTC 2011

To follow up, I've re-read the license and the Definition [1] one more
time and perhaps I'm over-reading here.

[1]: <http://opendefinition.org/okd/>

While the additional "integrity" style clauses may be an issue for
reasons I've outlined I don't think, strictly, they violate any of the
Open Definition principles (the issue would be around (3) and (6) --
reuse and integrity). As such the OGL would be compliant.

If we assume the OGL is compliant it is worth thinking a bit further
about what would happen if we had a proliferation of these form of
minor, but substantive, additional requirements on users and reusers
and whether a modification to the Definition is needed to handle these
and ensure compatibility is maintained (this would be a separate
thread, though).

Rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation