[od-discuss] UK OGL Compliant?

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Thu Jan 5 00:06:07 UTC 2012

"Your proposed clause concerns *license* conditions; it disallows
licenses with ones not explicitly permitted by the OKD."

Agreed.

"You may think open licenses ought include conditions prohibiting DRM,
in which case OKD ought to explicitly say such conditions permitted in
compliant licenses."

No.  I agree with you, point 4 covers it.

"For a *work* to be open, OKD addresses this in point 4, abcense of
technical restrictions. Possibly DRM should be mentioned in the text
for readability and optimization (ha, but seriously), but the
substance doesn't need changing."

Agreed.

This makes sense to me.

Thanks,