[od-discuss] Open Definition telecon 15:00 UTC Thursday 2013-08-08

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Aug 5 19:33:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> This is great Mike and I'm confirming for at least first part of this
> (hopefully all). Couple of quick points:
>
> - I wanted to emphasize to list that all our welcome - you don't need to be
> an AC member to join :-)

Yep, that emphasis is why I removed AC or its expansion from the
subject line. :-)

> - Shall we use our existing google doc for agenda and meeting notes:
>
> https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1t1_2_T-PeprvkLVwum5fY-od1hecUowFwaRvuQwDLNw/edit#
>
> I've copied across current material.
>
> The reason being that "team" etherpads (opendefinition.okfnpad.org) are
> scheduled for deprecation though normal etherpad okfnpad.org/xxx will remain
> (reason being the software for team pads is no longer being maintained ...)

The reason I used the pad is because it is still there months later :)
and I found converting the doc to markdown a pain (a macro is
available, but mails the conversion, which then requires further
massaging). I figured it would be a pain, which is why I kept putting
off posting the notes to /update, and my expectations were fulfilled.
But I'll live with it a couple more times if that's what OKF projects
are doing.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Bill Proudfit <bill.proudfit at gmail.com> wrote:
> In Hong Kong this week there are the OpenSym/WikiSym and Wikimania
> conferences.  I've copied Anne Fitzgerald because she is involved in both.
> In addition there is the regular Open Data Hong Kong Meet.06 on 8 August.
> There are also other meetings and discussions going on about open data,
> definitions and so on during the week.

Yes, I realized the call is during Wikimania, already have regrets
from Daniel Dietrich, and I will be surprised if at least one other
person does not have that conflict. No problem; one of the purposes of
more regular calls is that a variety of people will be able to catch
some of them.

> The next Open Definition Telecon will likely be a better time to discuss the
> issues on the terms and conditions of the PSI datasets hosted on the Hong
> Kong government's Data.One site.  That issue is discussed in detail here in
> the  G+ Open Data Hong Kong community page.
>
> https://plus.google.com/105462237943676964434/posts/4SVZF4KvBNC
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pointer. We can plan on discussing how we might be
helpful in moving HK toward an OD conformant license in October. I
quickly re-read Andrew's comments and the terms themselves just now,
and there's a 0% chance they, as they now exist, will be approved as
OD conformant.