[od-discuss] OKD questions from 2010

Andrew Katz Andrew.Katz at moorcrofts.com
Wed Feb 13 13:45:46 UTC 2013

Hi All

Apologies for the lurking.

I'm happy to talk to Simon Phipps, the President. We're working on something together at the moment. Is that OK, Luis? (BTW, hope the new job's going well).

Incidentally, this is something I would love to have the time to become more embedded in, but am lacking the time to do anything meaningful. However, I'm in the process of writing a book chapter about the "opens" which identifies characteristics that go beyond the idea of freedom of access, use and distribution, and talk about the mechanisms relating to governance and anti-lock-in and I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss some of these ideas (connotations deriving from movements like "open government" and "open education", which go beyond content, and talk about structure and participation).

All the best

Andrew

<snip>