[od-discuss] Is the OWFa an open licence?

Chris Sakkas sanglorian at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:51:10 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I just added the Open Compute Project to the FOSsil Bank (see it
here<http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/source:open-compute-project>).
Some of its content is available under the Open Web Foundation Final
Specification Agreement, which is an attribution licence with the promise
not to sue for patent violations added in (see it
here<http://www.openwebfoundation.org/legal/the-owf-1-0-agreements/owfa-1-0>).
As far as I can tell, this is a free/libre/open licence, but it's not
listed as a compliant licence in the Open Definition. I tried searching the
web to see what said, but because it's got open in the title it's hard to
get results.

Thanks,
Chris

*Chris Sakkas