[od-discuss] Is the OWFa an open licence?

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sat Jan 19 01:06:38 UTC 2013

Note that there are a variety of things under the OWF umbrella, so it
is important to distinguish them all, but yes, they should all be open
in all reasonable senses.

Note, though, that they are primarily intended for specifications
rather than code or data, so it isn't clear that they would fall under
this group's scope.

[Full disclosure: I am counsel to OCP, and was very mildly involved in
the drafting of OWF.]