[od-discuss] Storage of license texts in the repo - a first pass

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 27 09:23:49 UTC 2013

On 26 June 2013 20:54, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what a directory per license buys. I'd suggest
> /licenses/{conformant|inreview|nonconformant}/{license short name}.md
>
> Or if a directory per license is really needed (if envisioning lots of
> related files being kept), the filename ought be just {license short
> name}.md or license.md

I just imagined we'd end up with different possible versions, english
versus german translations etc. I'm happy with the simpler approach and on
KISS basis let's do that - so as you suggest:

/licenses/{conformant|inreview|nonconformant}/{license short name}.md

> And {license short name} really ought be same as used in
> https://spdx.org/licenses/ or following that style.

We won't be storing open-source licenses (right?) so we should have the
same short names. In terms of style what exactly is the SPDX "style"?

Rufus
*

*