[od-discuss] Swedish translation of the Open Definition

Rikard Fröberg rikard at morus.se
Wed Nov 13 12:03:26 UTC 2013

Hello list!

I saw that the Swedish translation[1] of the Open Definition is a
translation of the version 1.0 of the definition. I'd be glad to start and
translate the 1.1 version for review (unless I find that someone has
started that work already).

Could anyone point me to instructions for how I'd go about to translate it,
in terms of procedure and technical stuff (github etc)? I looked but failed
to find it (my bad I guess).

Some additional questions.

1. The version 1.0 translation has the heading of "Defintion of open
knowledge" translated to Swedish. I'm I correct that the term now should be
"Open Definition" (leaving out the "knowledge" part)?

1 a. If so, should Open Definition be interpreted as "[a/the] Definition of
Open" as in a definition of the concept "open"? If I'd translate "Open
Definition" to Swedih, in my ears the result could be interpreted as "[a]
definition [which is] open" or "[an] open definition", which I think could
be a problem for people who are not yet familiar with the Open Definition.

1 b. Would it be OK to translate the title as if it were "Open Defined" or
"Definition of Open" in the original wording?

Cheers

Rikard

1. http://opendefinition.org/okd/svenska/

--
Rikard Fröberg, Rådgivare offentlig sektor
Morus konsult AB | http://morus.se | rikard at morus.se
0700 - 90 69 64  | 031 385 88 93