[od-discuss] continued revision of the definition

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Fri Oct 18 16:05:04 UTC 2013

After last week's call, I revised my draft to reflect the discussion we had
about Sec. 12. This is a substantial revision at this point, because it
splits the definition into three parts:

1. minimum permissions (based on current OKD + addition of explicit use
right, from four freedoms)
2. conditions that are permitted (e.g., share-alike, no TPM)
3. conditions that are not permitted; along with a statement that the
"advisory committee may, in discretion, reject other restrictions that
significantly impinge on the minimum permissions"

I think the statement in #3 solves what the new Sec. 12 in Mike's draft was
intended to solve but in a cleaner way.

The full draft is here:
https://github.com/tieguy/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-dev.markdown

Curious to hear your thoughts-