[od-discuss] Open Definition Telecon 15:00 UTC Thursday 2014-04-10

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Thu Apr 10 14:47:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Herb Lainchbury
<herb at dynamic-solutions.com>wrote:

> ### Actions carried forward from Last Meeting
> [Andrew] Section 4.1 review and then email the list
> [Herb] Section 3.1 + 3.2 review and update (then email the list)
> [Mike] Conformance process (recommendations)

I finally did this. Copied markdown text of the conformance process page
and license recommendations before pulled from OD2.0dev to draft a new
conformance page.

Result
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/13b8477dc45fa0db9bb37cf3e1daf45fabe1e90a/source/open-definition-approval-process.markdown
Diff
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/commit/13b8477dc45fa0db9bb37cf3e1daf45fabe1e90a#diff-52fb719567fc3103278edfbe8f372674

Changes:
* Stress that all requested info must be provided
* Stress that for new licenses should be submitted before final
* Approval process will select a license category, in addition to
conformance/nonconformance
* Updated license categories with best (recommended) reflecting license
recommendations before pulled from OD2.0dev (this is the main thing, and
would result in some shifting categories for already approved licenses, or
some versions of them)