[od-discuss] [cc-community] Montreal will have the open license CC BY 4. A first in the Canada open data : An advantage for citizens.

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 12:51:54 UTC 2014

Many thanks Mike for the translation in english. Very appreciated

For the English speaking provinces and their municipalities, we hope
that they will follow us ;-)

Question : Does CC0 really surpass CC 4.0? Do you mean that any
"provenance" metadata (like BY) is worse at all?

IMHO, Knowledge (including data and information) is by definition linked
to people and context (provenance metadata). Data and contents without
people and context (space and time) cannot make sense (sensemaking).

Truly Regards,

---
Dre Diane Mercier

@okfnca | ca.okfn.org
@_FACiL | facil.qc.ca
@MTL_DO | donnees.ville.montreal.qc.ca
@carnetsDM | dianemercier.com
http://about.me/dianemercier
http://vizualize.me/oKvvtBkJXK?r=oKvvtBkJXK

Webographie du libre :
https://www.zotero.org/dmercier/items/order/dateModified/sort/desc

« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre ni formats ouverts »