[od-discuss] German Data license 2.0

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Jul 7 15:49:15 UTC 2014

Dear all,

please find attached the revised version of the official German Government Licenses for data. The version aims to address the feedback and criticism on the first version of the license as published in  April 2013 here: https://github.com/fraunhoferfokus/ogd-metadata/tree/master/lizenzen/BMI

Please note that the non-commercial version is not used anymore and but a zero version has been added.

The German Ministry of the interior who runs the open data initiative at the federal level asked me to kindly consult the Advisory Council of the Open Definition to review the new version of the licenses for compliance with the OD. They would be thankful for comments and an official statement about the compliance.

I have uploaded the new license as Google docs for comments.

Data licence Germany - Zero - Version 2.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RqQqkCt7t9yO5YMrRsXEMnoS5cCDzUtbDf-tN0Upq1A/edit#

Data licence Germany – attribution – Version 2.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8aKuEoyPw_T_LZNBTH1O_ZSJCta9N1YgWSiX5zXzw4/edit#

Thanks for sour help!
Kind regards
Daniel