[od-discuss] Status of Vancouver and Surrey OGL varients

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Thu Jul 24 02:02:56 UTC 2014

On 07/22/2014 02:46 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
> Some time ago I sent the Vancouver and Surrey OGL licenses to the list
> to see if they were Open Definition conformant or not and secondarily to
> have the AC declare it as conformant or non-comformant.
>
> I'm wondering what the status of these is. Currently a similar vanity
> license, the OGL-Canada-2.0 has been listed, but these ones haven't.

IIRC we're waiting til Open Definition 2.0 is finished to reopen
subnational Canadian licenses.

When we do we need to decide how to address the many of them. In
December 2013 there was a thread about possibility of treating them all
as one templated license, with some indication that was the intention of
the licenses, and some skepticism about that being a good idea and
whether there was not already variation from a latent template among the
licenses that existed at the time.