[od-discuss] Status of Vancouver and Surrey OGL varients

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Sun Nov 16 01:25:07 UTC 2014

"at a process level another option is to simply not consider
non-reusable, sub-national
licenses for approval at all"

I think we should consider this if at some point we feel we inundated by
"one off" license approval requests.  Since non-government organizations
publish open data we could also encounter requests to review licenses
developed by organizations which may be considered too obscure to spend
time on.  Would we only consider multi-nationals?  I doubt it.  Another
approach we could consider is a demand model rather than a
size-of-publisher model.  We could say, to be considered at all a license
review needs to be requested by at least N parties.  Right now, N is 1.

Herb