[od-discuss] Status of Vancouver and Surrey OGL varients

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Nov 16 01:54:44 UTC 2014

On 11/15/2014 5:06 PM, Herb Lainchbury wrote:
> I my opinion, Paul is correct that the OGL-CA can only be used by the
> federal government publishers, which is why it is listed as non-reusable.
>
> That's my understanding of the OGL-UK as well, though I admit, I don't
> know enough about the government structure there to know if that's true.
My understanding of the OGL-UK is that any government (city councils,
etc) can use the OGL-UK, but only the federal government can use the
OGL-CA. Only the BC provincial government uses the OGL-BC, but I'm not
willing to say for certain that the cities couldn't use the OGL-BC
instead of the OGL-Vancouver, etc
> In any case, I think it would be helpful to put at least one of these
> OGL-CA forks through the process.
It is worth noting that the BC forks have noticeable differences from
the other forks, not just names.