[od-discuss] Status of Vancouver and Surrey OGL varients

Wrate, David GCPE:EX David.Wrate at gov.bc.ca
Wed Nov 26 18:57:24 UTC 2014

Thanks Paul and Herb. This is very helpful.

David

On Nov 26, 2014, at 9:22 AM, Herb Lainchbury <herb at dynamic-solutions.com<mailto:herb at dynamic-solutions.com>> wrote:

Hi David,

The UK-OGL clause doesn't force data consumers to dive into the legislation.

It says, "Information that has not been accessed by way of publication or disclosure under information access legislation (including the Freedom of Information Acts for the UK and Scotland) by or with the consent of the Information Provider;"

So, if it's in their catalogue, consent is given, and I can use it.

The Surrey clause says, "Information or Records not accessible under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.);".

To consumers this means they now have to dive into the Act to see if what they want to consume is accessible or not.

Herb