[od-discuss] Open Definition 2.0 Announcement Blogs and Lists

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Oct 2 11:56:04 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Just an update. As we still have some revising going on to the announce
posts I propose we make a last change to release schedule and *target next
Tuesday (7th October) *for the announce and the release.

We aim to have absolutely final versions of the texts done by tomorrow and
can then do final prep and pre-publishing before pushing out Tuesday.

Rufus

On 26 September 2014 18:12, Herb Lainchbury <herb at dynamic-solutions.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We're preparing to officially launch OD 2.0 this week.  We have a press
> release and a blog post suitable for guest blogs almost ready to go.
> Thank you to all those who collaborated on those documents.
>
> Please look at the following list of blogs and mailing lists that we would
> like to engage with to feature a blog post or list announcement about the
> new version of the Open Definition.
>
> If your name is beside the list in square brackets, you've been tagged as
> a possible liaison to engage that blog/list.  Please confirm that you're
> okay to do that or not.  If there is a blog/list with no name beside it and
> you think you can help, please reply and let us know.  If you know of any
> other blogs/lists that you think we should engage then please let us know
> that as well in your on list reply.
>
>  * [Rufus + other OK folks] Open Knowledge lists including okfn-discuss,
> open-government, …
>
>  * [tvol] CC lists (licenses, community, perhaps Open Policy Network)
>
>  * [Luis] OSI
>
>  * [Luis] Wikipedia/wikimedia
>
>  * [??] OGP lists - especially Open Data working group
>
>  * [Rufus] Sunlight Foundation
>
>  * [??] Code for America
>
>  * [tvol] LAPSI group, COMMUNIA
>
>  * [Andrew?] World Bank
>
>  * [Andrew] OPSI (Office Public Sector Info)
>
>  * [Andrew?] LinkedIn Group(s)?
>
>  * [Andrew] Future Gov Asia
>
>  * [tvol] US Gov - OSTP / 18F (alert people from
> http://theunitedstates.io/licensing/)
>
>  * [Herb] Govt of Canada Blog
>
>  * [Herb] Govt of BC (DataBC) Blog
>
>  * [Herb] OpenDataBC List / Blog
>  * [Herb] DataLibre Blog / CivicAccess List
>

> Please provide feedback no later than end of day Tuesday September 30th
> (next week).
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> --
>
> Herb

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>*

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.