[od-discuss] Version 2.0 release/web site discussion

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Thu Oct 2 18:03:46 UTC 2014

Hi, as discussed on the call last week, I took a look at the "about" and
"guide" pages linked from the navbar, and the state of translations.

I don't have time to format and bring "about" and "guide" up to date enough
to merit linking them from the navbar. I've replaced them with a link to
"participate" and added a list of pages needing maintenance there.

On translations, I've reorganized (and set up redirects) to reflect version
and standard language codes, hopefully more scalable for accepting new
translations. The idea of a notification that an updated translation is
needed was floated on the call. I also don't have time to implement this,
but I added an issue https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/issues/54 and
could probably templatize at a later date if someone wants to make up
language and styling for such a notice.

Finally and separately from call issues, I've meant for a long time to
suggest that the OD site ought be released under CC0, not CC-BY. In
starting to finally compose that email, I found and commented on a
tangentially related issue ... ending with suggestion that OD site be
released under CC0. :)
https://github.com/okfn/foundation/issues/177#issuecomment-57664444

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Herb Lainchbury <herb at dynamic-solutions.com