[od-discuss] Open Definition 2.1 vote

Aaron Wolf wolftune at riseup.net
Wed Aug 26 18:13:17 UTC 2015

Actually, I thought we already agreed to do a "release candidate" style
process including a formal "this is the release candidate" post to the
wider community. I made a big stink about this with 2.0, and I recall
decisions being made to address this.

I'm surprised to hear you say that this vote is *actually* a "this is
the final 2.1" vote. I strongly dislike the idea that there is not a
time period with notifications between a *potential* final and the vote
to accept it as final.

In other words, there was not a post that said "everyone, this version
is proposed to go to a vote next week, after we present it to the main
list". I don't believe that the general community was notified to read
this *precise* version and given time to provide feedback or get
involved prior to your call for a vote.

I vote -1. I am opposed to immediately making this the final 2.1.

Respectfully,
Aaron

--
Aaron Wolf