[od-discuss] Open Definition 2.1 vote

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Wed Aug 26 20:04:11 UTC 2015

I am attempting to follow the process we have documented on the process page
<http://opendefinition.org/licenses/process/>.

It's actually for license approvals but at the bottom of the page we say
we'll use the same process for Open Definition version approvals as well.
This seemed good enough at the time but using it now, I see that we could
benefit by having the Open Definition version approval process documented
separately, including a "release candidate" stage as you suggest.  Unlike
licenses, we are actually the authors of this document as well as the
approvers.

I'll start a new thread (in the forum) to discuss formalizing and
documenting the Open Definition version approval process.

Thank you for the vote.